We're not all about the animals at SafeHaven; we're all about kids too! We believe it is so important to instill in our children compassion, respect, responsibility and care for all animals. Through a variety of Humane Education programs, we help children and all community members strengthen the human-animal bond. Our education program provides age appropriate curriculum, materials and service opportunities for youth throughout the region. Click here to download a complete list of our humane education programs, and get your children involved today!
There are so many benefits from having humane education programs for animals, kids and our communities.
- Prevents cruelty and abuse
- Promotes pet health and responsible care
- Prevents pet overpopulation
- Solves behavior challenges so pets stay in their homes, not shelters
- Teaches positive values like compassion and responsibility
- Encourages services to others
- Provides fun, constructive use of free time
- Promotes animal safety
- Prevents animal overpopulation
If you have any questions or would like more information, please call 541.928.6280 or email HumaneEd@safehavenhumane.com